The mission of NCINC2 is to:
- Engage as a community with TxDOT, the City of Austin, Travis County and CAMPO throughout the I-35 CAIP process;
- Inform and educate each other and the residents of the constituent neighborhoods about proposed changes to the I-35 corridor and potential impacts to adjacent communities;
- Promote East/West connectivity and advocate for the interest of stakeholder neighborhoods in the I-35 corridor from Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. north to Hwy 183;
- Explore and advocate for viable transportation alternatives; Share information about important developments and milestones in the I-35 CAIP process as well as neighborhood updates and issues among NCINC2 stakeholders;
- Raise awareness of the concerns of Central Austin neighborhoods about the I-35 CAIP, particularly among local public elected officials and candidates for office at the city, county and state levels, and
- Communicate our findings and concerns to other municipalities and neighborhoods throughout the Central Texas I-35 Corridor.